Monday 16 May 2011

...THE END OF YEAR ONE


Really, I shouldn't be writing this now - since I have a Marketing Research to do as part of the project that I have to hand in TOMORROW. But, the level of excitement from the product I just created, it's just too hard NOT to.




"At the beginning of all growth, everything imitates"
-Pramoedya Ananta Toer

The final product for this one is a lookbook, with my illustrations. The concept started with the word: plants. Then I took the ambiguity of the word which could mean the botanics, AND power plants - especially nuclear plants. This is the perfect contrast, something that is very natural and beautiful against something controversial, mad-made, and destructive. Taking the idea from Pramoedya Ananta Toer's quote, I specifically looked into flowerbuds - as the 'beginning of growth'; then completely destroy it with the effects of nuclear radiation that includes contamination, and mutation. Hence, I give you:




Full view recommended - and you can read the collection's narrative too
:)

Mind you that this is just the end product. I will also be graded based on the process I show in my sketchbook - which I think is not the best. So, I'm not expecting a good one for this one.

Oh well.



1 comment:

annaatthezoo said...

I remember you asking me "what grows?" Amazing job as always on the collection and the look book flower presentation!

Looking forward to doing business with you.

x,

potential investor